Goals and Objectives
The mission of the NJGF Boundary Task Force is to educate and develop standards
on the matter of legal boundaries for the purpose of protecting the public, GIS and
surveying communities while increasing the value and reliability of the data in
the State's enterprise GIS.
- Educate the GIS & Engineering communities and the public as to what a boundary is,
how a boundary is created and their legal ramifications.
- Educate the GIS, Surveying & Engineering communities to the terminology
of GIS parcels and Surveying boundary and when they should be used.
- Develop consistent standards for submission of surveys and survey data
into the state's enterprise GIS.
- Definition of a boundary: Create white paper citing real-life examples,
using mailing list for discussion
- Metadata standards: Create a standard template, using mailing
list for discussion
- December NJGF general meeting presentation: Include land records 101